Reply To: White Trash

Kaite
Participant
I would have to disagree with the first response to your question. I hate to admit it, but I have used this term often. I don't limit to certain relgious affiliations, and it's not necessarily a money thing, either. There are many people with low incomes who I would never refer to as white trash. When I think 'white trash,' I think of someone with no sense of culture or class. Think Ricki Lake or Jerry Springer talk shows, if you've ever seen those. There are prime examples. Generally, they have horrific grammar. That's another qualification. And you don't have to be poor. Have you heard anything in the news about the two lawyers in San Francisco whoes dogs mauled and killed their neighbors. Those two are lawyers, and they're definitely 'white trash.' So no, it doesn't matter if you're from Italy or Ireland, really.

User Detail :  

Name : Kaite, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 26, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,