Reply To: Never again … and that means slavery, too

G. Stevens
I'm so sick of hearing blacks claim that Jewish suffering gets an inordinate (and, implicitly, an inappropriate) amount of attention. The subtext - crystal clear if one reads "Final Call" or listens to speeches by Al Sharpton - is that Jews somehow manipulate the media and have monopolized its themes and serve only Jewish interests. Aside from the fact (and it is a fact) that there have been only two Holocaust-related films in recent years (Schindler's List and Life is Beautiful), and there have been countless films depicting the black experience (Malcolm X, Amistad, The Color Purple, Mississippi Burning, etc.), and the fact that Roberto Benigni's film is only Jewish in a marginal, extremely superficial way, this comment is a perfect example of the hostility in the black community toward Jews. While most people in the world see the Holocaust as a universally uplifting and transcendant story of annihilation and rebirth, blacks seem to see it as competition, and a negation of their history. If blacks want even more films and TV shows about black themes (as if there aren't enough already), then they should pool their own money and finance them. Basically what you're saying is: I don't like the films I see, so I'm gonna bitch and moan until I make someone else take their money and does what I want them to do with it. Grow up - take responsibility for yourself. And learn that it's just as racist for blacks to hate whites (and Jews) as it is for whites to hate blacks.

User Detail :  

Name : G. Stevens, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Crohn's Disease, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 45, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Corporate Finance, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,