Reply To: White people can’t … dance?

pauldavies
Participant
To tell the truth, young black males seem to stand on the walls in clubs talking with their boys and watching the females dance. Then there are the black males who have a drive for theater and excel at dancing. Some blacks can dance, others can't and refuse to. It could be out of fear of embarassment or whatever, but all blacks aren't the same. Maybe the majority that you see in a particular media will project a stereotype about all black people. Sometimes you hear black people (and I'm one of them) bragging about what they are good at, ie. "Of course I know how to cook. I'm black, ain't I?", or "All black girls can braid hair" or "All my people know how to play basketball." It stems from us trying to gain recognition for the things we do well trying to advance the African-American race. Many people think all Caucasians are happy or that all Asians are dynamite with math. But I'm black, and I've never been able to dance.

User Detail :  

Name : pauldavies, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 25, City : Asbury Park, State : NJ Country : United States, Social class : Lower class,