Reply To: How do Child Protection workers sleep at night?

Meadow
Participant
Have you had experience with child protection workers? I think it is largely a Hollywood stereotype that child protection workers come rip children from their families - it makes a good movie plot. In reality, these people, who get paid very little for all of the hard work they put it into their jobs, do a lot of good. They sleep at night because they know that they are devoting their lives to people who often have no defense of their own. Let's face it: People are not perfect. And a lot of these far-from-perfect people are having kids - hitting them, abusing them, etc. This happens - I know from personal experience. So I think it's about time we give child protection workers the appreciation and respect they deserve. It takes a special person to forgo the big bucks other jobs offer and pour out so much of their heart and soul to make sure children aren't being beaten, aren't being abused and are treated as human beings.

User Detail :  

Name : Meadow, Gender : F, Race : Asian/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 20, City : Sarasota, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College,