Reply To: Black women and hygiene

Pam19866
Participant
Up here in the colder climates, women don't usually shave their legs daily because they are wearing long pants through the winter. Further, daily shaving can cause skin irritation, especially under the arms. Some men are weird about it, but the majority (what I call 'real men') don't give a hoot if your legs are a little stubbly. Body hair doesn't have much to do with hygene as long as you bathe your body. And as for washing long hair every day - I know that white gals (who usually have oilier scalps) with long hair don't need to wash their hair every day because the oil doesn't work down to the hair that quickly. Some black gals I know get their hair done weekly, and why would you mess up your nice hairdo by washing it out right away? I wonder if the writer of the first letter is even a black gal. It sounds like a white person trying to make nasty insinuations about the hygiene of black people.

User Detail :  

Name : Pam19866, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, City : Omaha, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class,