Reply To: Rock and rap: Are they good or bad things?

Cassidy W.
I'm a 17-yearold and love all different types of music. I don't feel that any one type can be considered a bad thing. Every different type of music reaches out to a different audience. Music all has a message, and it doesn't matter in what way it's presented. Although there are some negative mssages portrayed in rock and rap music, there are a lot of positive messages, too. But there is nowhere in the world where you will find anything existing in only its own honest form; there will be deviations in every element of life, music included.

The rock and rap music of today is to many teenagers the silent voice within themselves; so many kids identify so strongly with some of today's bands and their messages. Who could ever see this as a bad thing?

Although negative messages do exist, they are all around us in our world. It is not the rock and rap bands that 'poison our minds,' it is not these bands that inspire kids to get guns and shoot their schoolmates. Rock and rap bands today and their messages do not influence society, society influnces them.

I hope my input could be of some use to you. You have my permission to use or publish my name and/or my comments. Good luck in your search.

User Detail :  

Name : Cassidy W., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : Peace River, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : High School Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class,