Reply To: Why tattoo or pierce a perfectly good…

Becca-G23295
Participant
I received my first tattoo when I was 16. I had originally asked for a tongue-piercing, but my mother said she would not sign for me to get one. This angered me, but she said I could get a tattoo instead. Why she said OK to a permanent mark still blows my mind. But I got a tattoo, anyway. I guess when I was 16 I thought it would be really cool to have one because none of my friends did. I did not do it to fit in, because none of my friends had them, and if my friends did have them I would not have to have a tattoo to be friends with them. They are my friends not because I have piercings or tattoos.

I believe most people get tattoos for a number of reasons. Some do it because they really enjoy the way they look. Others get them to see the reactions of others who see them. Still others do it as a way of self-expression. There are people out there who draw their own tattoos. This lets the artist carry around a portfolio at all times, because you never know who you are going to run in to. Others get tattoos or piercings to set records. I recently talked to someone who just got into the world records book for the most piercings on the body. I believe it was around 290. This gives some people a sense of great accomplishment. I know some individuals get works of art on their bodies in order to make memories of those individuals who have made an impact on their lives. I have nine piercings and two tattoos and do not regret getting any of them.

User Detail :  

Name : Becca-G23295, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 21, City : Grand Blanc, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College,