Reply To: Reply To: Poking fun

Megan
Participant
I have lived with a learning Disabilitie my whole life and you pissed me off when you said show compassion. You dont need to show it, you will make us feel like we are five years old. People who have it might understand what i am trying to say. I personaly dont like to be treated any differently then anyone else. im a human being and i deserve to be treated just like you even though i have LD. Yes i got help in school and everything, but it cant help you in life if everyone trys to baby you. There is a certin point in which you have to let them go on there own. Im in college and i dont get any help from anyone, but i got tons of it in High School. That tottaly messed me up. When you get to college you are just like every other student and the only help you will get is if you need the test read to you. That is a bunch of BS to me. i have gone through high School and gotten as much help as i have wanted and now i get nothing. I can read a test by myself and understand it. Thats why showing compassion will hurt you because everyone babys you and then you are left with nothing when you try to move on in life. Teachers should be teaching the kids how to do things on there own and show them how to answer the questions if they have one, not showing them the answers.

User Detail :  

Name : Megan, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : LD, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Farmington, State : MN Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class,