Reply To: Black, Blond and Blue-Eyed Italians

Wildflower
I have read that blue eyes are not 'recessive' but co-dominant. Logically speaking, if blue eyes were recessive, in light of all the conquering/conquered nations, etc., the blue-eyed trait would have been mixed out a long time ago. No one would have blue eye, and everyone on earth would have dark eyes by now (I cannot say for certain, because, alas, my degree is not in the physical sciences but in English). As to my empirical evidence, one of my best friends is Armenian with curly, almost-black hair and gorgeous, deep-blue eyes. Her entire immediate family has that exact same hair/eye combination. Now then: My friend has a child with her ex-fiance (a black man) with dark brown eyes. Would you care to guess what color the child's eyes came out? A beautiful clear blue, just a shade or so lighter than her mother's. I don't think we can just decide that dark eyes are solely dominant. It seems this opinion is based more on an assumption rather than science. All of you science people out there, please feel free to chime in.

User Detail :  

Name : Wildflower, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 30, City : Long Beach, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Assistant Academic Coordinator, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,